The Department for Professional Employees, AFL-CIO commissioned Hart Research to do a survey of non-union professional and technical employees. The survey was completed the first week of October 2016.
Read the press release here.
DPE is utilizing the survey results to generate information on the attitudes of:
- Young professionals aged 21 to 34;
- Professionals who disapprove of a union at work;
- Professionals aged 50 and over;
- Female professionals;
- Older male professionals;
- Younger male professionals;
- Male professionals based on earnings;
- Female professionals based on earnings;
- White professionals;
- Professionals of color;
- Private, for-profit sector professionals;
- Nonprofit sector professionals;
- Public sector professionals;
- Healthcare professionals;
- Professionals who believe unions are not effective;
- Professionals based on job satisfaction;
- Conservatives and moderates;
- Professionals residing in the South;
- Professionals residing in the West;
- Professionals residing in the Midwest; and
- Professionals residing in the Northeast.
Reports will be designed to help DPE affiliates craft messages for specific audiences for new organizing and internal organizing campaigns.
Detailed analysis will be available for union staff and leadership and one-page talking points will be available for rank-and-file organizers. DPE will be releasing new reports approximately every two weeks beginning January 6, 2017.
Survey results include data on professionals’ attitudes about unions; knowledge of unions and union effectiveness; perceived advantages and benefits of union membership; perceived disadvantages and concerns with having a union; preferred union qualities and values; perspectives on current job; and perspectives on their profession.
For more information, please contact Assistant to the President/Research Director Jennifer Dorning at 202-638-0320 ext. 114 or email@example.com.
For media inquiries, please contact Research and Communications Associate Katie Barrows at 202-638-0320 ext. 115 or firstname.lastname@example.org.