February 2014 – In This Issue
- New! Professionals in the Contingent Workforce
- Reaching Out To Professional Associations: American Library Association Midwinter Meeting
- DPE Latest: Professional Women, Safe Staffing by Nurses, and Intellectual Property
- Shanker Institute Highlights Hot Topic: Early Childhood Education
- Trumka Draws Line in the Sand on Immigration Reform
Quadrennial Report to the General Board, 2009 – 2013
With the invaluable participation of its affiliated unions, the Department for Professional Employees, AFL-CIO (DPE) has had a very full four years. Professionals and related workers remain the fastest growing segment of the U.S. labor market. Despite unrelenting attacks on workers, public employees, and the unions they organize, DPE remains a vibrant forum for its affiliated unions to analyze change, plan action, and act collectively. DPE offers them also a unique source of information about professional and technical people and an effective voice in the AFL-CIO, Congress, and the Executive Branch.