December 2013 – In This Issue
- Holiday Greetings!
- DPE Unions Register Copyright Concerns
- DPE Speaks Up on Trade
- DPE Executive Committee Welcomes AFL-CIO EVP Tefere Gebre
- NEW! DPE Provides H-1B and L-1 Visa Annotated Bibliography
- Updated! DPE Compiles State Resources for Employees Misclassified as Independent Contractors
- AFT Supports School Libraries
- Justin Timberlake Agrees to SAG-AFTRA Contract for Dancers
Quadrennial Report to the General Board, 2009 – 2013
With the invaluable participation of its affiliated unions, the Department for Professional Employees, AFL-CIO (DPE) has had a very full four years. Professionals and related workers remain the fastest growing segment of the U.S. labor market. Despite unrelenting attacks on workers, public employees, and the unions they organize, DPE remains a vibrant forum for its affiliated unions to analyze change, plan action, and act collectively. DPE offers them also a unique source of information about professional and technical people and an effective voice in the AFL-CIO, Congress, and the Executive Branch.